Blue Bay Travel
Head of Marketing
What they wanted
From humble beginnings in their garage in 2003 Blue Bay Travel has risen to greatness and solidified a well-earned place as industry leaders.
Full disclosure, this is from my pre-freelance days. I'm flipping proud of the momentous things we achieved together in the 8 years I worked with them. It felt right and relevant to share the parts we played in each other's journey.
When I joined in 2011 they'd built a small team and expanded into what would become their permanent home. Starting out with marketing, they wanted someone to get everything set up, share their personality with the world and help bring their business into the digital age.
What we did
- Built and led an all-singing-all-dancing team of 10 incredible marketers.
- Created a high-growth, multi-channel marketing strategy.
- Managed a £600k+ marketing budget, adjusting and investing in the right areas to get the best results.
- Worked with our Design and Development buddies to automate, personalise and target activity, with decisions led by state-of-the-art reporting technology.
Some stats for context...
- £600,000 marketing budget.
- 2 million website sessions.
- 260,000 social media followers.
- 127,000 email subscribers.
What I loved
- I made lifelong friends, honed my craft and achieved things I never thought possible with Blue Bay Travel. I'm forever grateful to them for believing in me.
- With an in-house team of some of the most gifted people I know, there were no limits. If you could dream it, they could build it.
- Our nights out were legendary.
Where are they now?
They've weathered landmark moments in travel history, I've seen them work into the night to get stranded customers home and bring families together.
Blue Bay's solid foundation, nimble strategy and dogged determination sees them come through tough times with their head held high.
Now with a 100-strong team and a super-sized office, they've established an award-winning, industry-leading reputation, a bustling online community and they're well on the way to doubling their turnover.
What they had to say
“Lauren is very professional with excellent communication skills. Over many years she has built a great relationship with employees throughout my company. I trust Lauren to deliver exceptional results. If you are looking for a marketing specialist with a vast understanding of digital marketing and an extensive network of invaluable contacts then look no further, Lauren is the answer!”
Stuart Wilson, CEO
“During her time with us, Lauren developed and implemented a strategic plan which drove significant business growth. She has a very structured and considered approach to marketing with an analytical mind, a commercial approach and she will say it as it is. I would have no hesitation in recommending Lauren to take a look at any business, observe practice and give solid recommendations.”